Children´s Choir of Musamari Choral School was founded in 2006 and consists of girls aged 8 to 14. The choir has taken part in several music projects, Song Celebrations, festivals and competitions in Estonia and abroad. They have worked together with Estonian topp musicians, singers and composers, including seven concert projects in cooperation with Estonian Youth Symphony Orchestra.
Musamari has also won numerous prizes in competitions:
- Grand Prix and the 1st prize at the International NINA Griegfestival competition for children´s and youth choirs in Bergen, Norway 2010
- Silver medal at the children´s and youth choir competition European Chior Championships in Graz, Austria 2011
- Prize of the best programme and choreography at the International children´s choir competition Il Garda in Coro in Malcesine, Italy 2012
- 2nd/3rd prize and the conductor´s prize at the 5th Estonian Children´s Choir Festival, 2012
- Three gold medals at the 41st Festival of Songs International choral festival in Olomouc, Czech Republic: Mundi Cantat Superior category for children´s choirs, folk music and church music categories, 2013
- 2nd prize in the category of children´s choirs at the 62nd International Guido d`Arezzo choral festival in Arezzo, Italy 2014
- 1st prize in the category of children´s choir at the 14th International Choir Festival „Tallinn 2015“ in Tallinn, Estonia 2015
- 2nd prize in the category of children´s choirs at the „World Peace Choral Festival“ in Vienna, Austria 2015
- 3rd prize in the category of children´s choirs at the „ 47th Tolosa Choral Contest 2015“ in Tolosa, Spain 2015
- 5th place in the category of children´s choirs at the Bela Bartok 27th International Choir Competition in Debrecen, Hungary 2016
The singers participating in the Llangollen International Musical Eisteddfod Choral Competitions are the younger members of the choir (age 8 – 12).
The choir conductor is Tiina Mee, the coreographer Piret Hinrikus.
Tiina Mee graduated from the Estonian Academy of Music as music teacher and choral conductor. She founded Musamari Music School for Children in 1995 and Musamari Singing Studio in 1997. The latter evolved into Musamari Choral School by 2006. Tiina Mee Works as director of Musamari Choral School and Musamari Music School for Children and conducts girl´s, children´s and young children´s choirs. She is also the project manager of the Estonian Young Children´s Choir´s Festival „MuFe“.
With her choirs, Tiina Mee has participated in diferent music projects, Song Celebrations, festivals and competitions in Estonia and abroad. She has worked with several proffessional musicians, singers and composers in Estonia, including seven projects with the Estonian Youth Symphony Orchestra. Tiina Mee conducted young children´s choirs at the Youth Song celebration in 2007. She was awarded the best conductor prize at the 5th Estonian Children´s Choirs Festival in 2012.