We currently have a new and exciting volunteering opportunity for a Visa Officer. This role will form part of the Competitor Liaison Office (CLO) and will play a key role in the arrangements for overseas competitor groups and soloists from nations, which require visas to visit the UK.
Responsibilities and tasks of the Visa Officer include:
- Regular communication with the CLO office with regard to visa nationals.
- Liaison with the Home Office to confirm the Eisteddfod on the permit free list of festivals and to understand any changes to the visa application process.
- Provision of up to date general guidelines to accepted non-EU competitors about details required for the completion of a visa request.
- Amassing of letters of support for the Eisteddfod from VIPs, copies of which are then provided to non-EU visa applicants.
- Identification of the relevant agency handling the visa application for each non-EU group and soloist
- Emailing of official invitations based on each group’s travel, accommodation, dates, costs individual names, gender, DOB, passport details and role in group to each Non-EU group, together with copies.
- Provision of on-going support for all non-EU competitors regarding visa applications and monitors their progress with the applications
If you would like to get involved or know someone who would, please download an application form here and return it to email@example.com. Alternatively, for more information about the role, please contact Sheila or Sharon via firstname.lastname@example.org.