Archive Team: Research Assistant
The Archive team would like to enlist one or more volunteer assistants to help with the preparation of the display in the Archive Tent at the 2017 Eisteddfod, and also to help find information to support the publication of a book to mark seventy years of the festival.
You would be working closely with Prof Chris Adams, and other members of the Archive Committee. You could also be liaising with archives and museums throughout North Wales, and beyond.
Here are some examples of what you might be asked to do:
- Track down information about episodes in the Eisteddfod’s history, such as:
- Competitor stories: Finding the winners of the 1948 Folk Dance Competition, who were from a Displaced Persons’ camp in Anglesey: what was their story?
- Prepare up-to-date biographies of personalities: adjudicators, day presidents, choirmasters, visitors………..
- Identify photographs and relate to newspaper stories
- Many more, all different.
- Identify who owns the copyright of pictures, videos, and documents to be used in the book and the display, and to make approaches about getting permission
- Convert documents, videos, and audio material to high quality digital files
The position would suit someone of historical bent, who is computer literate, keen on web-searching, and competent with digitising information.