Don’t miss the beautifully polished harmonies of the A cappella Group competition, and the vibrant Cultural Showcase performances.
In the Pavilion today:
- Ensemble: Instrumental Ensemble – This competition is for groups of any age. These ensembles will compromise of any combination of instruments and can be orchestral groups, brass bands, folk bands, contemporary music groups, jazz bands, wind bands etc. They will present a programme lasting up to 6 minutes.
- Solo: Voice of Musical Theatre – This competition is for singers aged 19 to 28. This prestigious prize is intended to advance the career of a young musical theatre performer. They will perform a contrasting programme for both rounds, which must be chosen from the musical theatre genre. The competition will be held over two days. The prelim will be in the town on Wednesday 8th July and then three soloists will go through to the final on the main stage in the pavilion on Thursday 9th July.
- Choir: A cappella Group – This competition is for groups of 4 to 20 members. They will be singing any music style for 10 minutes.
- Solo: Vocal Solo 16-19 – This competition is for singers aged 16 to 19. Soloists will perform a programme of music for 6 minutes. The prelim will be in the town and then three soloists will go through to the final on the main stage in the pavilion.
- Competition: Cultural Showcase – In this competition, groups will balance all three disciplines of instrumental music, singing and dancing to showcase the very best of their cultures. The group will aim to highlight the varied talents of every performer on the stage for a performance of 8 minutes.
- Solo: Open Folk Solo (Vocal) – This competition is for singers of all ages. Soloists will present a programme representative of a local or regional tradition. The prelim will be held in the town and then three soloists will go through to the final on the main stage in the pavilion.
Family tickets available
Booking fees apply
Price includes reserved seat in the Pavilion